Sunday, November 7, 2010

lession of happiness

LESSON OF HAPPINESS

When I was kid

With all my weird imaginations

I used to dream to be the happiest person ever

And I used to wish to be like a king

Who could get anything

On a single dance of his finger

Who could have a number of servants

Just to follow all his orders

But!!!Even with all of this

It never felt that I could be happiest

It always had something missing

And my childish mind used to wonder

That what it could be



At the same time

I used to see a poor family, daily

On my way back from school

Sitting together roadside

In their small hut

Their children having no clothes

Running here and there

Playing with sands and bricks

Mother calling them for lunch

With nothing in hand but

Few dry bread pieces

And master of family

Sitting in a corner

Watching them with a strange smile

Kind of satisfaction

His eyes expressing happiness

Never seen before



Finally, one day with all my curiosity at its peek

I decided to go to him and

Ask whether he was really happy

Wondering if that’s possible anyway

But he replied, YES!!!

I was surprised how

Then he said

Son!!! Happiness is not about being a king

As u wish to be

Having whole world in your pocket, but

Happiness is about to be happy

Just because you want to be

Living in every moment

And making everyone happy

Doing what you are supposed to do

Honestly, and spreading smile

On everyone’s faces

And not to forget a line, that

“It too will pass”

And you will find

That how easy it is

To be happy...



Actually I was not able to

Understand the meaning

Behind his words

The feeling he wanted to express

And I wondered if he was true

But, now when I have grown

With lots of problems growing together

Again I wish to be happiest

And then all those word comes in my mind

Making me realize that how true that poor man was

That being happy is not that complex

As I used to think it to be

And now I don’t wish to be like that king…

BY - PRAVEEN PARASAR

DATE - 05/11/2010

1 comment:

  1. a beautiful story in verse. An important and enduring truth.

    ReplyDelete

Perhaps...

“Perhaps Love isn’t the answer Perhaps Love isn’t enough Perhaps Beyond the desperation To reconcile Beyond the attempts Of accept...