Friday, December 11, 2015

Whispers!

Let me caress my wounds
Let me hold my heart ajar
Before dusk wades through the thoughts
Before the moon fades through the night
Before eyelids fall heavily upon
Dreams uncared for
As I watch myself falling in
Bits and pieces
Words upon paper
Random at their best
For who else could represent a spectre
An identity unidentified
A shadow unmasked
As it sways through
Moonlight, sparkling visuals
Of past and future
For there was never a present
It passed before I could realize
It was there to hold onto
I sit by the window and look
Beyond those uncharted territory
Of darkness, of words left unsaid
Of what-ifs
Of brave attempts
Of cowardly escapes
As the ice melts slowly in the glass
And dilutes the liquor
As if trying to dilute the nightmare
Only to offer a dream
Unasked for
For addicted to bitter hellos
Often finds it hard to swallow sweet adieus
As if merchants of chaos
Laughs upon pieces of peace on offer
For flesh and blood must be offered
In exchange of a piece of stained paper
And be murdered silently
Or to say fall asleep, being gentle”

By: Praveen Parasar
Date: 11/12/2015






No comments:

Post a Comment

Perhaps...

“Perhaps Love isn’t the answer Perhaps Love isn’t enough Perhaps Beyond the desperation To reconcile Beyond the attempts Of accept...