Monday, May 22, 2017

A world of my own…!

"I constructed a world
Of my own
That could accommodate me
In bits and pieces
I made walls around
to keep it safe
for the day lurks around
to take a bite off and steal
The rest of longings
For It would trade it for few fake hopes
And would walk away leaving behind
Nothing but a trail of shallow promises
I painted it dark, I must
And wrapped it in veil of angst
For only the night to see
The dirty little secret
Of vulnerable solitude
I constructed a world
Of my own
Where I could wear my pretense
And watch myself adorning
every nook and corner
of those enclosed walls
where I could celebrate my fears
and watch echoes of my scream
haunt me, hunt me
but having nowhere to run to
I would fail, fall
Upon my own doorstep, a grave
Built to perfection
Where ghosts of my bereaved words
Would feast upon my corpse
and leave no sign of solace

I constructed a world
Of my own
Away and aloof
In silent alleyways
Of lingering darkness…”


Praveen Parasar
22/05/2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Perhaps...

“Perhaps Love isn’t the answer Perhaps Love isn’t enough Perhaps Beyond the desperation To reconcile Beyond the attempts Of accept...