Saturday, January 28, 2012


The Meaning Of ‘Aham Brahmashmi’!

I searched for thee
In brightness of sun light
In soothing moon light
In the darkness of night
In blinking stars, small and bright, but
Never found Thee!

Dived into infinitely deep sea
Climbed to top of hills
Went along those singing breeze
Flowed across those dancing streams
Crossed those deadly evil deserts, and
Sneaked past those mysterious forests, but
Never found Thee!

Searched thee, in the idols placed in temples
Searched thee, in chants and holy books
Searched thee, in love and hate
Searched thee, in; what they say, good and bad
Searched thee, in my ego and pride!

Oh Lord! Forgive my insanity
Forgive me that I forgot
There’s nothing called you and me
That always thee has glowed in me, and
I am wrapped in thee
Forgive me that I looked for a separate existence
That never was, or never would be
Forgive me that I could not understand
The meaning of ‘Aham Brahmashmi’!
(Note-'Aham Brahmashmi'  is a holy line mentioned in Vedas that says God and me are same)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perhaps...

“Perhaps Love isn’t the answer Perhaps Love isn’t enough Perhaps Beyond the desperation To reconcile Beyond the attempts Of accept...