Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tragedy!

Tragedy!

Tragic as it could be, for a flower
To be plucked and placed beneath the pages
Of book that carried words of love
One that became its graveyard, buried, though
Neither dead, nor alive, but left
To suffocate, chock and cry
As pages ate its soft fleshes, inhaled drying smell
To get high, and held its bones as
Monuments of love, a fine treasure
To preserve, indeed! As ages passed by
And time lost trails, yet screams remained confined
Lost, drowned in own tears, as fire within
Scattered ashes, burnt forever
Being in love, and cursed!

By: Praveen Parasar

Date: 19/03/2014

1 comment:

  1. what a detail. I know we have ALL pressed roses between pages--and never thought of their "is-ness"--just what they commemorate. There is a marvelous poem by Karl Shapiro--called: A Cut Flower--i am going to link you. You will adore it.

    I have this poem in my ABOUT at fb--here is the link--and a sampling because it is just delectably good...

    A CUT FLOWER....

    I stand on slenderness all fresh and fair,
    I feel root-firmness in the earth far down,
    I catch in the wind and loose my scent for bees
    That sack my throat for kisses and suck love.
    What is the wind that brings thy body over?
    Wind, I am beautiful and sick. I long
    For rain that strikes and bites like cold and hurts.
    Be angry, rain, for dew is kind to me
    When I am cool from sleep and take my bath....

    (there are like 3 more stanzas--each better than the lst) Hope you love...

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090604140444AACecYv

    ReplyDelete

Perhaps...

“Perhaps Love isn’t the answer Perhaps Love isn’t enough Perhaps Beyond the desperation To reconcile Beyond the attempts Of accept...