Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday of this Summer…!


 "Sunday of a youthful summer
Lingers around as a bee upon flower
It hums, it kisses, it hugs, it sings
It watches me watch it speak and stammer
I hold onto its hand, I ask it to be seated
It feels shy, feels rejuvenated as it is,
I watch colors come and go off its face
As clouds hover across brightened sun of this day
Love at first sight, or sight of first love
For as we sit across and watch us glow
Listening to the birds sing and joyous wind blow
Pleasant as it appears and beautiful as it seems
I wish it to stay, I wish it never to end, but
If it has to, let it be slow, let it be slow

Slow as two lovers tread before departing
Through the alleys, stopping by at every wall
At every nook and beneath those lamp post
Who witnesses their joy of being together,
And fear their separation in the shade of its dimly lit avenue
That elongates and takes them back to the corner of alleyways
Alleyways that would keep them safe forever in memories
Memories that would bring them, and again
They would walk past those spots with love
Love, as young and bright as this Sunday of youthful summer

Sunday of this youthful summer
Glowing of its colors and brighter
Of its joy, of holding hands in hands, with
Me, I anticipate myself the chosen one
For lying in its lap, I watch it laugh and glare
Upon, I watch it watch me playing with its feathers
Feathers of days gone by in hurry, leaving behind
A trail of scars, scars that shine, and appear
As if flowers, flowers of spring that blooms
To welcome summer, summer whom I carry
In my eyes, in my heart and make love with,
Today, this day, this Sunday…"

By: Praveen Parasar
Date: 22/03/2015





No comments:

Post a Comment

Perhaps...

“Perhaps Love isn’t the answer Perhaps Love isn’t enough Perhaps Beyond the desperation To reconcile Beyond the attempts Of accept...