Monday, August 24, 2015

The Mirror!

"
A piece of broken mirror, mere glass?
I Hold it in my hand and look
It asks for whether I have a painted face
One to absorb, one to reflect
One to see and one to show
Faces, I see at the edges, sharp
Known-unknown, before cutting through my fingers
Drawing blood which screams their identity

Scattered pieces of broken edges
Carrying red droplets, freshly licked out of veins
Blood, for what else may paint
What lies beneath shadows, upon canvas,
Of sight through blind eyes, or
Layer of petty ignorance we choose
And while attempting to wipe it all clean
I lose skin atop bones, hollowed
out of tussle amidst truth and lies,
This stands now as if a Skelton
Retrieved from an age-old grave, screaming
Its tale of regrets and fear
And while I bring out the courage to face-off myself
I watch in horror its bid to stand-up
And watch me watch it in mixed emotion
Should I be afraid, or I should be brave
Perception changes when you stand near a grave

I watch the sky turning grey
While day comes to an end, and
Night slowly making its way
Bringing along plenty of darkness to let me hide, yet
Only to make me lay upon bed with self,
Choice of love and hate on offer,
For darkness shows what light manages to hide,
Amidst moments of confrontation, while
I look into my eyes, only
To get drown in self-orgasm and deep breathes."

By: Praveen Parasar
Date: 24/08/2015





No comments:

Post a Comment

Perhaps...

“Perhaps Love isn’t the answer Perhaps Love isn’t enough Perhaps Beyond the desperation To reconcile Beyond the attempts Of accept...